Documents you need to enter Canada?
A Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officer will ask to see your travel documents when you arrive in Canada.?
The required travel documents include:?
- A valid passport or travel document?
- The letter of introduction from the visa office that you received when your study permit was approved (this letter contains your permit reference number and the CBSA officer need this letter to issue your study permit?
- A valid temporary resident visa (if required)?
- A copy of the letter of acceptance from the designated learning institution at which you are accepted to study?
- Proof that you have enough funds to support yourself during your stay in Canada?
- Letters of reference or any other documents recommended by the visa office where you applied. Carry these items and all other valuable papers, cash, etc. with you at all times. Do not put these items in your checked luggage.?
If there are no problems at the point of entry, the officer will let you enter Canada and will issue your study permit.?
- Check the study permit to make sure your personal information is accurate?
- Check the expiry date on your study permit. You must leave Canada by this date or apply to extend your study permit if you will not be finished your studies by that date.?
New student checklist?
- Apply for your study permit ?
- Apply for housing
- Activate your myUNBC account ?
- Make an appointment with an academic advisor ?
- Register for classes
- Read about your private health insurance?
- UNBC Packing Checklist?
UNBC does not have a dedicated airport pickup service. UNBC recommends you either take a taxi to your final destination, or a more affordable option is to take a private shuttle that will bring you to campus, or wherever you wish within Prince George.?
No matter whether you are a new undergraduate, or graduate student, we have an orientation for all domestic and international students. International students participate in the full range of events designed to help you connect to the community of students, faculty and support services at UNBC.?
In addition to the full orientation, international students must attend an orientation just for you. This orientation is intended to meet your unique needs as an international student.?