UNBC is proactively addressing the coronavirus pandemic and working in collaboration with public health organizations and various government ministries.
This website provides up-to-date information specific to the UNBC community, links to other organizations, and helpful resources.
- All campuses are open.
- Many campus services have been modified.
- Student housing?remains open.
- Schedules are available for viewing with timetable and instructor information.
- Registration is open. The updated schedule indicates the location and delivery modes for all Fall courses.
- All courses for the Fall semester are being delivered using alternative forms of delivery and assessment.
- Members of the University community are?expected to wear masks in public spaces.
Latest update from the President
November 20, 2020 - 3:30 p.m.
Yesterday the Provincial Health Officer asked British Columbians to make some changes to our behaviours in an effort to flatten the COVID-19 curve once again. Many of her recommendations and orders focused on asking people to take greater individual responsibility for their actions such as not socializing in person beyond your household, wearing masks, and avoiding non-essential travel. More information regarding yesterday’s announcement can be found on the Government of B.C. COVID-19 website.
I also ask that you remember that when we make decisions regarding UNBC’s response to COVID-19, we do so following the guidance of public health experts such as Dr. Bonnie Henry, as well as that of public health agencies and various provincial government ministries. We are not alone in our decision making; the post-secondary sector in B.C. works closely with the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills, and Training to review the new Orders as they relate to the post-secondary sector so that we maintain a consistent approach in our response.??
In today’s update:
- Working remotely